Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues ACF Blocks: path to template / path to assets

Helping

ACF Blocks: path to template / path to assets

• Hi everyone,
    I’m lost with a syntax matter, I hope someone could clarify this.

I’m creating csutom ACF blocks for a website, everything fine but I don’t understand why I must use a different syntax to access my block template (plugin_dir_path) vs my block assets (plugin_dir_url) even if they are placed in the same folder?!

Thanks

acf_register_block_type(array(
                'name'              => 'lauto_video_player',
                'title'             => __('Lautobus Vidéo Player'),
                'description'       => __('Bloc vidéo pour Youtube et Viméo.'),
                'render_template'   => plugin_dir_path( __FILE__ ) . 'templates/blocks/block-acf-plyr/block-acf-plyr.php',
                'enqueue_assets'    => function(){
                    wp_enqueue_style( 'plyr-style', plugin_dir_url( __FILE__ ) . 'templates/blocks/block-acf-plyr/plyr.css' );
                    wp_enqueue_script( 'plyr-script', plugin_dir_url( __FILE__ ) . 'templates/blocks/block-acf-plyr/plyr.min.js' );
                    wp_enqueue_script( 'acf-plyr-block-script', plugin_dir_url( __FILE__ ) . 'templates/blocks/block-acf-plyr/block-acf-plyr.js', array('jquery'), '', true ); 
                  },
                'category'          => 'formatting',
                'icon'              => 'video-alt3',
                'keywords'          => array( 'video', 'youtube', 'vimeo' ),
            ));

• The difference is the styles are being enqueued for display on the frontend.
    This is the equivalent difference to get_stylesheet_directory and get_stylesheet_directory_uri. One is executing a file and the other is displaying a path to a file.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.