Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO ACF Blocks: how to apply backend styles different from the frontend ones?

Solved

ACF Blocks: how to apply backend styles different from the frontend ones?

• Hi, I’m building my first ACF blocks. The acf_register_block_type() lets you add an ‘enqueue_style’ option, but the styles are applied both to frontend and backend, and that’s not what I want.

I can add only forntend styles simply adding them to my regular style files, without using acf_register_block_type. Good.

But how can I add only-admin styles? Is there a way?

Thank you

• I can answer by myself.

To load styles only for backend, you can use the enqueue_block_editor_assets action:

add_action('enqueue_block_editor_assets','add_block_editor_assets',10,0);
    function add_block_editor_assets(){
      wp_enqueue_style('block_editor_css', [yourpath] . '/editor-blocks.css');
    }
  • This was exactly what I was looking for, had the same question. Just one thing: Your method has as a downside that it now loads on every post editor, even if the specific block for which the style or script is is not used.

Is there a way to make it conditional on a specific custom ACF block being used?

• Mmm I don’t know: developers here could give some help 🙂 Toc toc? Hey there! 🙂

• Don’t you get Cannot modify header information warning with this function ??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ACF Blocks: how to apply backend styles different from the frontend ones?’ is closed to new replies.