Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO 500 Error – when on edit "post_object"

Solved

500 Error – when on edit "post_object"

• Hi,

could be, that this is not really an issue from your Plugin.

We have about 17.000 Posts. To publish a set of 3 featured Stories on the Frontpage, we did an acf with 3 seperate Fields where the author can choose via post_object Dropdown the story he wants to feature. Everything worked out fine, as suddenly (no updates or else were made on this day), the search function in the Dropdown didn´t work anymore. Just displays the Posts in alphabetical order.

So I thought, we should not put in all Categories as option to choose from. Limit to 2 or 3 should do it. And this is now the problem:
    If we click on edit for this particular Fieldset, we get a 500 Server Error. I´m pretty sure that its a memory problem. We turned it up to 320mb already, but still not working. All other Fieldsets are working. Only this makes trouble.

Maybe because it is loading 3 times all Categories, Posts and Tags?
    Could that be?

Can I change the settings outside via json or phpMyAdmin?

Thanks for you help in advance!
    Martin

• A 500 error does not mean it’s a memory issue, see this explanation. It means: “A generic error message, given when an unexpected condition was encountered and no more specific message is suitable.”

If it’s a memory issue, the error will say so.

If the dropdown doesn’t work anymore, that sounds like a javascript error. Have you checked the console logs in your browser window and any error logs ?

• Hello,

yes I know the description of this Error. In fact, if we turn up the RAM it will work. So it is a Problem with the Memory.
    But as I mentioned before, it does not have anything to do with your Plugin.

A Co-Worker installed a Facebook Pixel Plugin, without my permission. As we de-installed this Plugin – everything worked as it should.

The option, as I described, is still not working. But I think the solution is elsewhere.

Thanks for your reply anyways.

I love to work with your plugin.
    I did so much individual stuff the last couple of years with it.
    It completely changed my skill level…

Thanks a lot for it!!!

Greetz
    Martin

• If deinstalling the pixel plugin works, you should look into the code of the plugin 😉

If dropdowns are not showing I would look into javascript errors in your console because it sounds like jquery or so being blocked/not loaded.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘500 Error – when on edit "post_object"’ is closed to new replies.