Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports [5.0.6] Missing fields in get_fields($post_id);

Solving

[5.0.6] Missing fields in get_fields($post_id);

  • I am having a issue in ACF PRO 5.0.6. When trying to get all fields with: get_fields($post_id);

    I have setup a Flexible content element, which contains currently one layout named content_block.
    The layout contains 7 fields but when requesting all layouts/fields with get_fields($post_id) I only get 5.

    Current result of one Flexible content element:

    Array
    (
        [acf_fc_layout] => content_block
        [classes] => 
        [background_color] => 
        [background_image] => 
        [background_fixed] => 
        [title] => 
    )

    Expected result:

    Array
    (
        [acf_fc_layout] => content_block
        [classes] => 
        [background_color] => 
        [background_image] => 
        [background_fixed] => 
        [title] => 
        [content] =>
        [test] =>
    )

    Tried recreating the fields and resaving multiple times with no success.

  • Did another small test

    while ( has_sub_field('blocks') ) :
    	print_r(get_sub_field('title'));
    	print_r(get_sub_field('content'));
    
    endwhile;

    Shows only the title.
    While using
    get_post_meta($post->ID)

    Shows the content key in the array

        [blocks_0_content] => Array
            (
                [0] => Bla bla bla
            )
    
        [_blocks_0_content] => Array
            (
                [0] => field_53fc61e4d4240
            )
  • Another thing I noticed that tabs still show up as an empty key:

    [custom_fields] => Array
            (
                [blocks] => Array
                    (
                        [0] => Array
                            (
                                [acf_fc_layout] => content_block
                                [] => 
                                [title] => This is the title
                                [content] => This is the content
                                [fixed_bg] => 1
                            )
    
                    )
    
            )

    Not sure if this has anything to do with it, since we are using multiple tabs… wp_cache_get sets the found to true, while the result is empty (api-field.php line 454)

  • I also have this problem. The last few items always disappear. If I reorder, the new last items have disappeared.

    Edit:
    Noticed that this happens for me when I use tabs in a Flexible Content field.

  • I have the same issue.

    get_fields() does not return all fields. I tried to add new ones and see if they work and they don’t.

    get_field(‘the_field’) is working though…
    I just wonder why the get_fields() is bugged for this particular post. Because this get_fields() is used on a single_[post_type] and all other posts are working fine.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.