Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO 403 Forbidden Front-end Urls

Solving

403 Forbidden Front-end Urls

• I’m getting a 403 error when submitting a front-end form when filling a field with a url. I’m using the oEmbed field for links to YouTube, Instagram images, etc.

I’ve also tried using the URL field and the basic text field for URLs, but it still gives me the error. Form submits fine without a url in the field.

Any help much appreciated, thanks.

• Hi @leanda
    A 403 error typically means you’re trying to do something the web server doesn’t allow you to.

What have you named your field for the oembed? The field_name might be clashing if it’s very generic when it’s passed through the $_POST. Try renaming it to something more specific and see if that fixes the issue.

• Hi Jonathan

Thanks for the quick response.

The field is named ephemera_instagram so not a generic name. I’ve raised a support ticket with the host to see if it’s something they are blocking.

I’ll feedback once they have looked into it.

Thanks

• No problem 🙂

Okay then perhaps it’s as simple as you’re server host is very hard on their security and doesnt allow for posting of urls.

Get back to me when you have a response from them 🙂

• Is your site in a subdir? Like ‘mysite.com/subdir/’

I dont know if thats your problem but.
    I know there is a bug in ACF Pro that the redirect url after posting the ACF Form becomes like: ‘mysite.comsubdir’.

I’ve reported that bug serveral months ago but dont think its fixed yet. Everytime ACF updates i have to go in the file api/api-helpers.php in the plugin and change the function acf_get_current_url() ..

And change the line: $url = substr_replace($url, ”, $pos, $length);
    To: $url = substr_replace($url, ‘/’, $pos, $length);

• Actually, it is running is a subdir, but that’s not the problem. I just spoke to the host and it triggered a security rule when I tried to send a url via the form. They cleared the rule and then it triggered a second rule. Everything is cleared for now, so fingers crossed.

Thanks

— Leanda

• Hi Leanda,

Okay great to hear! So it was as I guessed then 🙂

Please let us know if you need further assistance!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘403 Forbidden Front-end Urls’ is closed to new replies.