Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) 2 WYSIWYG Editors but only the first one works

Solving

2 WYSIWYG Editors but only the first one works

• I have 2 fields that use WYSIWYG editors but on the page (admin) it only shows the WYSIWYG for 1 of them, the other has no tool bar at all.

I am using Google Chrome (Mac) and have the latest of everything installed. No plugins that could be conflicting either.

Here is the error code I believe that is coming up because of this:

Uncaught Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: #wp-wysiwyg-acf-field-movie_dates_&_times-5533c3ac16261-wrap

In file load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mo…:2

Is this a bug?

• Hi @graphiclux

This problem does not seem to exist with the latest versions of the plugin.

I would check for a plugin conflict on this problem.

Hope this helps.

• I have the same issue with the latest version. I’m using tab groups and a bunch of wysiwygs. The first one in the first tab i shown. The rest of them are not. Same error message as above. Happens for Chrome Mac/Win.

Edit: Well, it actually works on 2 out of 7. Seems random.

Edit 2: Turns out you cannot use certain characters in the name. Since it evaluates to an expression. The guys who originally wrote the used “:” in the name, which of course can’t be used as an selector.

Edit 3: Other weird errors has emerged.
    load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery…:570 Uncaught Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: a[href*=#], a[name*=#]

input.min.js?ver=4.4.7:formatted:1323 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'toolbar1' of undefined

Edit 4: Found the issue the child theme’s main js.

$body.on('click', 'a[href*="#"], a[name*="#"]', function(event) {
    return false;
    }

And tinymce is using a trigger(‘click’) in a few places.

Not sure WHAT someone was thinking writing that code.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘2 WYSIWYG Editors but only the first one works’ is closed to new replies.