Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues list of articles "broken" Reply To: list of articles "broken"

• Looks like this is handled with a repeater field? I’m not sure whether that’s a good approach if you’re handling a lot of entries; to me it feels like a custom post type would be more appropriate.
    But since converting that would probably go beyond the scope of the project we’ll try to work with what we’ve got.

On the news articles page the oldest entry I see is “Why the U.S. Power Grid’s Days Are Numbered – Bloomberg News” on page 13 of the list, dated August 22, 2013; this also corresponds to the screenshot you showed. What do you mean by “the oldest of the two articles loading is January 12, 2013”? To which page are you referring?

As to the broken links, that’s not your fault, it’s just the fact that these pages don’t appear to exist at the specified URLs on the third-party websites anymore, and/or the website owners haven’t established proper redirections. For example, searching the internet for “The tortoise and the flare: Calif. solar power projects confront habitat impact” (dated January 23, 2014 in your list) brings me to this location now, i. e. the URL format has changed over the years. You need to update that manually if the website owners didn’t create proper redirects. You can use the W3C Link Checker to check all links on a page and find which ones are broken (be patient while it’s running the check).