Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Repeater Field Load Repeater Images via AJAX Reply To: Load Repeater Images via AJAX

• As if by magic, I’ve managed to pull the values in from my repeater field! This is the code I’m using:

add_action('wp_ajax_data_fetch', 'data_fetch'); // logged in users
    add_action('wp_ajax_nopriv_data_fetch', 'data_fetch'); // other users
    function data_fetch(){
    	$post_id = filter_input( INPUT_POST, 'post_id' ); // post id passed from select value via ajax

$array = array(); // setup empty array
    	$rows = get_field('new_colour', $post_id); // repeater field
    	if($rows)
    	{
    		foreach($rows as $row) // foreach for each repeater row
    		{
    			$array[] = '<li data-id="' . esc_attr( $row['unique_id'] ) . '"><label><input type="checkbox" value="' . get_the_title($post_id) . " - " . $row['colour_name'] . '">' . $row['colour_name'] . '</label></li>'; // stuff I want to display on the div I'm appending the repeater values to
    		}
    	}

wp_send_json($array); //Use WP send json function - send data back to the page I'm displaying the div on
    }

$field.change(function () { // $field = select dropdown

var post_id = $(this).val(); // value of select dropdown = page id where repeater is located

var data = {
    		action : 'data_fetch',
    		'post_id' : post_id
    	}
    	var $customList = $(this).closest('.acf-row').find('#modal .checkbox-list-custom'); // element I'm displaying data in (i have multiple divs I want to populate with values)

$.post( ajaxurl, data ).done(function(result) {
    		$customList.empty(); // emptying the div of any previous data
    		$customList.append(result); // appending results to div
    	});					

$modal.removeClass('visible'); // hide other open divs for additional select relationship field drop downs
    	$(this).closest('.acf-row').find('#modal:eq(0)').addClass('visible'); // making relevant div visible after the above has completed

});

Ended up swapping the while loop for a foreach loop, which for some reason made all of my code start working. Not really sure why, but my headache has disappeared!

The only thing I’ve not yet done is add in the relevant code to save the metadata to the post, but I’ll try and get that working correctly tomorrow probably.