Support

Account

Home Forums Feature Requests View Related Records Reply To: View Related Records

• Hi Keith,

Even casting the singular value as an array it still doesn’t work for one-to-many relationships. It works fine for many-to-many relationships.

I have two CPTs (Companies and Addresses) where one company can have many addresses and each address can only belong to one company.
    So when I add/edit an Address I select a Company (which is a post_object field with multiple values DISABLED called ‘rel_com_addr’), however, when I add/edit a Company I can select multiple Addresses (which is a post_object field with multiple values ENABLED called the same ‘rel_com_addr’). In this scenario the native solution doesn’t work.

So the ‘native’ solution only works if you are using a Relationship field or a Post Object field with multiple selections enabled. Even the tutorial states that:

This tutorial uses a Relationship field to select posts, however a Post Object field with multiple selections enabled would work just the same as both field types save data as an array of post ID’s.

I hope that the code in the tutorial will be updated so that it also works with one-to-many relationships.