Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Using ACF when other plugins might have it in "lite" mode Reply To: Using ACF when other plugins might have it in "lite" mode

• Just noticed in your other topic that this method does not seem to work, but there is no documentation on the define statement that I can find in any of the ACF documentation. That leaves me confused.

To be 100% honest, I’ve given up on hiding or disabling the ACF menu. I just make others editors instead of admins. I’ve also given up on the idea of including ACF in plugins and themes because this just creates too many other problems.

The admin of a site should know every plugin that is installed and have the ability to update them when they need updated. Adding a plugin to another plugin or adding a plugin to the theme removes this ability.

Then there are the issues that you’re seeing. As a site owner I decide I want to install ACF, but because some other developer has disabled the admin I have to dig through all the code on the site and figure out how to enable it again… like I said, there should be a way, a filter, that allows this to be turned on and off.