No problem @3primt-tony
In what way is there no means no edit the slide? Are there no inputs you can manipulate? Is the slide just a shortcode? If so you might be using a different plugin to create the slides or possibly created your own shortcode in functions or a site-specific plugin.
I would check the “Custom fields” menu first.. there you should be able to find the field and thus see what kind of field it is etc.
I can explain how I usually go about creating a slider with ACF. That might help out.
1. Create a field group under Custom fields.
2. Create a *repeater field* in the field group.
3. Create the necessary fields in the field group. The bare minimum would probably be an image field but you could also add like a text field for a title on the slide etc.
4. Set the location rules. usually to pages.
5. Head over to a page. Click “add row”(or whatever you named it). Add an image to the image field and type in a title in the text field.
6. Head over to the theme. I usually create the entire slider in a component file (it’s own php file) and then include it in page.php. Here’s more details on using the repeater field on the front end: http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/repeater/
Welcome to the Advanced Custom Fields community forum.
Browse through ideas, snippets of code, questions and answers between fellow ACF users
Helping others is a great way to earn karma, gain badges and help ACF development!