Home Forums ACF PRO Upgrade Database not working Reply To: Upgrade Database not working

  • Hi, I’ve got similar troubles, but it seems I’m running into ‘max_execution_time’-error.
    As I’m hard pressed to get the value changed on that server, I’d like to know, if there is any chance to do this update ‘bit by bit’ or something like that.

    And I’d like to suggest that the update script should at least show some (meaningless) error-message if the returned ajax isn’t what it should be – an endlessly spinning gif is not really helpful.

    Edit: I managed to get the max_execution_time temporarily raised to 10min and that worked. But I had a lot of of doubled field-groups (quintupled actually) from the earlier tries. And I even had doubled fields in some of them. After deleting those everything seems to work fine, but still that wasn’t a very pleasant experience.
    To be fair, I do love ACF and it still is a great plugin, but somehow this upgrading process should be optimized.