I also tried deactivating all plugins except for ACF Pro during this process. So I was at a loss as to what could be the issue.
What I then tried was to bring up my local dev environment version of the website and decided to leave the database untouched but synchronize the custom field groups with the
acf-json files. When I did that, even though the field group in question had changed dramatically and the synchronization added to older unused versions of the field group, the field group showed the missing layout.
So I’m not sure what exactly was the issue but it seems that the pending synchronization with
acf-json caused some issue. Once I did the same action on the live server, the layout showed correctly. Additionally, I was able to delete the old field groups that synchronized without harming my other data etc.
Welcome to the Advanced Custom Fields community forum.
Browse through ideas, snippets of code, questions and answers between fellow ACF users
Helping others is a great way to earn karma, gain badges and help ACF development!
The ACF site is currently experiencing some issues.— Advanced Custom Fields (@wp_acf) September 21, 2022
We apologize for the inconvenience and we are working hard to get it back up and running as soon as possible.
© 2022 Advanced Custom Fields.