Support

Account

Home Forums Gutenberg How to allow Inner Blocks with ACF in Gutenberg Reply To: How to allow Inner Blocks with ACF in Gutenberg

• Elliot’s last response on the matter that I know of, is that he is going to look at it at the end of the year, BUT, he also warned us that, by doing so, this will open a “can of worms”, which worries me a bit.

With the latest Gutenberg developments, I don’t think we “really” need inner-blocks anymore. If you install the latest Gutenberg plugin, which will override the core’s version, we can do anything we desire… BTW, the core’s Gut. version is v5.3, while the plugin right now is at v6.2.

The Cover block can now accept all blocks, and not just heading, paragraph and button anymore. As a background in a Cover block, as usual we can have color, image or video. We can use the cover as a container – no problems.

The Group block, can only have background colors, but soon it will also support also images, videos and even gradient colors. They are currently working on this…

I’m not sure about this, but I think that these background options will also be available to the Columns block.

So, for the time being, my recommendation install the Gutenberg plugin, and is to place your ACF blocks inside a Group or Cover block, and in the meantime let’s wait an see how Gutenberg and ACF Pro will progress with their developments.