Support

Account

Home Forums Feature Requests Move fields from one field group to another

Solved

Move fields from one field group to another

• Just renewing the request to be able to move fields from one group to another. So many times I’ve had to delete and recreate a bunch of fields (and reenter all the content) due to a client request or misunderstanding – it’s just painful.

Love the plugin, though, thank you so much!!! This is my favorite plugin of all time and I’m happy to have purchased the add-ons. I’d purchase this if it were an add-on too!

• Hi @Michelle

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll hope to find the time to add this in

• Hi, Elliot!

If we could at least make duplicates, that would be helpful!

Dave

• Hi guys!

In regards to Davids request to be able to duplicate. Since the fieldgroups are basically posts you can actually use this plugin:
    http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicate-post/

I’ve tried it myself on a fieldgroup containing repeaterfields and other fields with success so I think it’d work fine on any fieldgroup.

Perhaps this could be added to the documentation so that everyone and not just ppl finding their way here become aware of this 🙂

• Just saying thank you Jonathan for the heads up on Duplicate Posts plugin. Worked like a charm and saved me ooooohhh sooooo much headache!

• How to duplicate 2 fieldgroups in 2 tabs? If I add a tab in each group, they still go to the line and tabs do not work.

Group1
    [Tab1]
    Field
    Field

Group2
    [Tab2]
    Field
    Field

But i need

[Tab1 (Group1)] [Tab2 (Group2)]
    Field
    Field

• @xmonkx you can just place both tabs with their respective fields in the same field group..

It’ll give you the layout you want.

Also in the future please start a new topic instead 🙂

• I have one group (Group_1) with 25 fields with prefix “tab1_” and i want make another tab with prefix “tab2”. If i do it in the same group i need duplicate all fields, drag them under new tab and replace new field name prefix. it’s not so difficult, but duplicating inside field group takes a lot of time 🙁

• About moving fields between groups, this is the way I do it:

Export fields to php file
    edit the php file and place fields under the desired group
    import the groups from the edited php file

not optimal but works fine…

• This helped me a lot: http://www.logicspot.com/developer-blog/advanced-custom-fields-quick-hack-to-move-a-field-to-another-group/

There described just 2 actions to achieve desired result:
    Using phpMyAdmin
    1. Find IDs of groups you want to move fields between (From Group -> To Group)
    SELECT * FROM wp_posts WHERE post_type="acf"
    you’ll see all the field groups, so just remember 2 FromID and ToID

2. Find all fields of From Group
    SELECT * FROM wp_postmeta WHERE meta_key LIKE "field_%" AND post_id=FromID
    then just change post_id of appropriate fields to ToID and all these fields will be moved to To Group

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Move fields from one field group to another’ is closed to new replies.