Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Can you add a Title or HR tag when using ACF in taxonomy edit screen?

Solved

Can you add a Title or HR tag when using ACF in taxonomy edit screen?

• I’m using ACF to create some custom fields for my Category taxonomy. The problem I have is I’d like a way of segmenting my custom fields from the standard fields. Is there a way of adding a Title or some HTML similar to my Yoast SEO fields? (See attached – yellow tint area are my ACF fields)

My location and options:

'location' => array (
        array (
            array (
                'param' => 'ef_taxonomy',
                'operator' => '==',
                'value' => 'category',
                'order_no' => 0,
                'group_no' => 0,
            ),
        ),
    ),
    'options' => array (
        'position' => 'normal',
        'layout' => 'default',
        'hide_on_screen' => array (
        ),
    ),
    'menu_order' => 0,
  • Hi @wightfield

Thanks for the request.

Currently, the taxonomy edit page does not show any fiedl group titles, however, depending on the layout option (metabox / no box), the title should be shown.

I’ll add this to the to-do and have this included in the next version

Thanks
    E

• Hi Elliot

Thanks for your reply. It looks like the Metabox/No Metabox doesn’t show title when used for a taxonomy. I think it would be a nice feature to add in the future.

Congratulations on a nice framework. I’ve tried various one’s and this seems the best.

Thanks

Paul

• Hi @wightfield

Yes, this will be included in the NEXT version

Thanks
    E

• Hi @wightfield

I’ve just been looking into a solution for this issue.

I installed WPSEO, and yes, could see the visual issue of the ACF fields being added to the WPSEO section.

I have updated the JS to append the fields above the WPSEO section, so it looks like it is part of WP again!

As for the title, I don’t think I’ll add this into the taxonomy section as the title looks quite out of place.

I have however, added this functionality to the user edit screen.

Hope that helps.

Thanks
    E

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Can you add a Title or HR tag when using ACF in taxonomy edit screen?’ is closed to new replies.