Support

Account

Home Forums Gutenberg WYSIWYG field inside Gutenberg Block (beta4 version)

Solving

WYSIWYG field inside Gutenberg Block (beta4 version)

• Hello,

I’m using the WYSIWYG field inside the custom Gutenberg block registered with acf_register_block() and facing the next issue: when copy-pasting the content from the page into the editor (visual mode and text mode) I can see it in the editor: http://i.imgur.com/6bZO3yV.png, but the whole block (with all fields) isn’t outputted on the front-end. The template part with a block markup isn’t called (the debugger is initialized inside template only on the backend).

The post_content has the block markup inside it with the content saved as a JSON. When I delete all links inside the WYSIWYG field, the content shows correctly. When I add links manually using link markup – content shows correctly. So my guess is that when copy-pasting the content in visual editor some chars are inserted that brake the JSON and block fails the validation (no clue about this on the backend though).

Is there a way to be able to copy-paste the content from a website into WYSIWYG editor without breaking the block?

Thank you!

• EDIT:

Found out that when you strip the extra link attributes, e.g. target=”_blank”, rel=”nofollow” from the link HTML in text mode, the block displays again.

• mefusia

• March 26, 2019 at 3:36 am

The textarea field has the same problem, I also had to strip ‘target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow noopener noreferrer”‘

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.