Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Which tables do I copy from staging to production?

Helping

Which tables do I copy from staging to production?

• Hello!

I’ve been working on the staging version of my site and created a bunch of custom fields using ACF and my client has added information to those fields.

Now I need to get this up on production but I don’t know how to do so.
    I see the option to ‘Deploy site from staging to live’ but I can’t copy everything over as I have some sales information currently on production that I can’t overwrite.

Do I have to recreate the fields manually and copy the files into production?

Thanks!

• If you are using ACF 5 Pro you can export the field groups as JSON and import them into the new site and then you can export the posts using the WP exporter and import them to the other site. I can’t say if this will work 100%, but it should get most of the data across. However, anything that depends on ID values like image, relationship, post object, taxonomy fields and some others, will not transfer correctly and this data will need to be re-entered.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Which tables do I copy from staging to production?’ is closed to new replies.