Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Gallery Field What rights for contributors to upload image to custom post type?

Solving

What rights for contributors to upload image to custom post type?

• Hello,

What rights do I need to set for a contributor to be able to upload images to the custom post type with the front end editor? I only want them to be able to edit their own custom post types and so far the image upload only seems to work when I enable almost all permissions..

• What type of field is this, an image field or a gallery field?

Image fields should work, gallery fields require access to the media library.

• It is the gallery field, we’d like users to be able to upload multiple pictures at once.

• There are two choices

1) Use a repeater field, create an acf/save_post action that copies the images from the repeater to a gallery. This would be my choice because it’s more secure.

2) Give contributors access to the WP media library. There may be a plugin that can do this. Here’s one that I’ve never tried https://wordpress.org/plugins/members/. Either you’ll need a plugin that allows it or you’ll need to start searching for code to do the same thing.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘What rights for contributors to upload image to custom post type?’ is closed to new replies.