Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO What level of support for paying users?

Solved

What level of support for paying users?

• Having purchased ACF PRO I would have expected some sort of reply to support requests?

Last week I sent a request to [email protected] but have not got any reply, not even an autoresponse.

What sort of support should I expect?

I was thinking about upgrading to a developer license but not so sure now!

• Also bought ACF PRO and obviously there is room for improvement in terms of customer support.

Probably have to abandon ACF PRO soon due to some unsolved WMPL compatibility issues, my clients patience is almost used up, too bad 🙁

• Where and what are your requests?

The forum threads are made for that, that is where you should rely on.

• Have posted several requests in forum and via support email, see my profile.

Bought ACF PRO 5 because it was posted on twitter etc. that ACF 5 and WPML would be compatible. Sad truth: WPML compatibility is not even “beta” status.

Also the forum is full of serious problems without visible reaction of author or support team (if any exists):

http://support.advancedcustomfields.com/forums/forum/acf-pro/

ACF PRO 5 is a big project and author is adding new features with each 5.0.x release (which is good) but has no time left to track down and fix bugs or test releases (which is bad).

• I saw your thread and all of them were answered, except one which was a minor issue. Two others threads not marked as solved were answered directly by Elliot, who is the main developer of ACF, you could not ask better.

In one case Elliot just said he added your solution to his todo.
    And on the other he saw the bug and asked why WPML was reacting this strange way, did you write to WPML to check about that? Are you sure there is no workaround to solve your specific issue?

I know ACF since it started, it is a big project, indeed, but as far as I know it’s one of the best plugin I ever saw (remember that it was free until version 5).

Nothing’s perfect, I understand it is bad to be confronted to new bug on new release. Also, WPML is particularly a huge project, which it makes difficult to assure 100% compatibility with.

• Maybe you should read the threads, not a single problem has been solved, no workaround has been provided or suggested.

ACF 4.x is a great plugin, ACF PRO 5.x is currently a great betatest.

And as you maybe have noticed, threads in this forum usually get marked as solved based on number of replies, not based on given or not given solutions.

• ok ok, sorry for that I wish I could help you… that’s it.
    Hopefully for me, I’m a paying user just like you trying to make ACF better.

Good luck then.

• Hi @tekhoi

Please note that the community forum is exactly that. I do review the threads from time to time, but there is simply not enough time to respond to every thread.

To receive support for an ACF issue, please contact our help desk (link found here): http://support.advancedcustomfields.com/

I’ll look over your threads shortly, and I’ll review your email too.

Cheers
    E

• Hi @tekhoi

I’ve just replied to your support ticket and other thread. It seems that we have found a solution for your custom validation needs.

Thanks for your support and patience.

Cheers
    E

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What level of support for paying users?’ is closed to new replies.