Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Upgraded to ACF Pro – Old Fields Load, New Fields Don't Exist

Helping

Upgraded to ACF Pro – Old Fields Load, New Fields Don't Exist

• I finally upgraded to ACF Pro and uploaded the plugin to an existing project that was using ACF free edition. I activated the new Pro plugin, deactivated and deleted the old free one. I updated my database. My old ACF fields were preserved in the database, I suppose, because they carried over to the new Pro version.

Here’s where it gets weird. Like I said before, I had existing fields from the old plugin, and they still work when I called them in the template. However, while I can create new fields and populate those fields on the page editor, these new fields will not show up in the template. For example, the field ‘cta_btn_text’, a text field, that I had before the Pro upgrade still works in the template, but ‘test_field’ which is also a text field but which was created after the Pro upgrade does not appear. These are contained in the same field group.

A simple test of if (!get_field('test_field')) { echo 'Nothing here'; } shows that the template does not perceive the field to be populated at all. I’ve tested this with several different fields and field types and the result is always the same if the field was created after the Pro upgrade.

Can someone enlighten me as to what I’m missing here?

• If you’ve followed the upgrade procedure (https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/upgrading-v4-v5/) correctly and you’re having problems then you should open a new support ticket https://support.advancedcustomfields.com/new-ticket/.

I should also say that I thing the steps are missing one. If I’m not mistaken the last time I did this I went through the database upgrade before I deactivated ACF4, but the last time I did this was a long time ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Upgraded to ACF Pro – Old Fields Load, New Fields Don't Exist’ is closed to new replies.