Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Update to WP 5.9.1 breaks media selection

Solving

Update to WP 5.9.1 breaks media selection

• Yeh I agree excluding autosaves is needed, the current code in https://support.advancedcustomfields.com/forums/topic/update-to-wp-5-9-1-breaks-media-selection/#post-152581 should solve that issue.

I had concerns disabling autosave preloading would break autosaves altogether, but it seems WordPress doesn’t dynamically load anything into the editor from an autosave anyway – it only redirects you over to the autosave URL; so there shouldn’t be any issues removing the preloads.

• This fixed the issue on wordpress 5.9

• Seems to be working just fine!

• This does fix the media chooser issue but causes the Gravity Forms Add Form button to disappear from the WYSIWYG field.

• Hey everyone,

We’ve rolled out a fix for this as part of ACF 5.12 which was released just now.

The fix is slightly different to what we worked on in this thread, as disabling the REST preloads also stopped block preloading from working. So our approach disabled edit mode block preloading only for now, which is what triggers the issues with enqueues not working correctly.

If you added the test code earlier, you can go ahead and remove it! If you’re still having issues, let me know.

• @lgladdy Your last code works well. It works on pages and posts with autosaves. It’s morning here, so I can release my site without problem. Thank you so much!

• Thanks guy for the fast reaction!
    Best
    Vince

• Oh thank god i found this thread.
    Thank you everyone who helped fixing the issue!
    Marc

• I still have a similar issue, running ACF pro 5.12 and just downgraded WP Core to 5.9.

When trying to add a new file I get

“The results could not be loaded”, anyone except me having the same issue?

There are som really dodgy errors after latest upgrade to ACF, for example. Two of my sites cannot upgrade ACF at all, not from my WPMUDev console, nor the WP-admin plugin interface. Those are the site where I haven’t upgraded the site with WP 5.9.1 so that might be the issue.

Any suggestions? Also downgrade ACF pro ?

• Experiencing a broken media upload window with WP 5.9.2 and ACF Pro 5.12.1. We thought we had this solved with upgrade to 5.12 but it has come up a couple times now since.

broken upload

• I can confirm that I’m facing the same issue with the media upload window. Running WordPress 5.9.3 and ACF 5.12.2

• Any solution to this yet? I am on WordPress 5.9.1 (Multisite) with ACF Pro 5.12.2.

I tried the code from https://support.advancedcustomfields.com/forums/topic/update-to-wp-5-9-1-breaks-media-selection/#post-152581 and it did not work.

From what all I read thus far, it seems to the only solution is to role WordPress back to 5.9? Any quick help would be appreciated.

My media selection modal appears.. however content area is blank in the “Upload files” and “Media Library” tabs.

• @lgladdy @Joerg

I happen to resolve my Media Uploader issue with some CSS added via admin_head — after testing via a few different WP “Single Site” cases on my VPS to fix an issue on a clients WP Multisite.

• This code fixes the “Media Uploader’s” content visibility.
    • This fixed the issue when tested on separate installs and cases for WordPress 5.9 – 6 “Gutenberg Blocks” and Advanced Custom Fields Pro “Blocks” 5.10 – 5.12.2.

Here a snapshot:
    https://imgur.com/a/Im0w5P4

Now I may proceed with using ACF Blocks and Inner Blocks!!!

I have been persistent on fixing my issue for the past few days and I hope this helps someone.

Viewing 13 posts - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.