Support

Account

Home Forums Feature Requests Upcoming native WP termmeta and Fields API

Helping

Upcoming native WP termmeta and Fields API

• Hello,

I’m starting to work on a large project in a week, it will make a heavy use of custom fields (metadata) for many custom taxonomies etc. The project will be developed during 6 months (the launch will be approx. synced to WP 4.5 on April 2016) so I need to consider some long-term stuff in my basic architecture.

WordPress is including native wp_termeta table and API for taxonomy metadata this December. Also, 10UP just sponsored one of the lead developers to work on Fields API which is planned to be merged into Core in 4.5 release.

My question is, are there any plans on making use of these core changes in ACF Pro and when? The project will be really large, I’d like to be safe and keep future conversions / architecture changes to a minimum.

• There have been several discussions on this topic here on the forums. I know this is old, but I thought I would add a note for anyone else that has the same question. This has not made it into ACF yet and there hasn’t been anything said about when it can be expected. My guess is that it’s a rather large change that’s needed to ACF to alter it from using options to using term meta and part of it may be making sure that it’s also backward compatible, meaning that when you update you don’t loose all of the values already stored in the options table. For now it’s working and there are several suggestions here for how to start using term meta now http://support.advancedcustomfields.com/forums/topic/how-to-use-wp-term-meta-on-acf-the-easy-way/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Upcoming native WP termmeta and Fields API’ is closed to new replies.