Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports Unable to upgrade the database after upgrading from v4 to v5

Solving

Unable to upgrade the database after upgrading from v4 to v5

• I’ve just updated ACF v4 to v5. After the upgrade a notification about database upgrade appeared. When I click the “Review sites & upgrade” button then I’m redirected to mydomain.com/wp-admin/network/update-core.php?page=acf-upgrade, but all I can see is “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.” message.

ACF 5.3.4
    WP 4.4.2
    Multisite

• I am having this same problem. Latest versions as of today. Multisite. I cannot figure out how to fix this…

• I will be honest. I don’t think this means anything. I think it is just annoying. I already upgraded all of the sites. And I don’t see anything specifically triggering this, so it just seems like this shows up in the latest version for no good reason. I am moving on and forcing it off. Add this somewhere to remove it:

add_filter( 'acf/settings/show_admin', '__return_false' );

Plugin to apply to network, change info as needed. I saved it to remove-acf-network-admin-notice.php and uploaded the file to my site’s plugins:

<?php

/**
     * @wordpress-plugin
     * Plugin Name:       Remove ACF Network Admin Notice
     * Description:       Removes the non-working, seamingly senseless upgrade notice in ACF
     * Version:           1.0.0
     * Author:            Jupitercow
     * Author URI:        http://Jupitercow.com/
     * Contributor:       Jake Snyder
     * License:           GPL-2.0+
     * License URI:       http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.txt
     * Network:           true
     */

add_filter( 'acf/settings/show_admin', '__return_false' );
  • I will note, that you should remain aware that you turned that off in the future and be ready to turn the plugin off in the future when you want to upgrade or this issue is fixed.

• I ran into the same issue. I got around it doing this: Visit the dashboard of every individual site, you should see an ACF dialog there as well but the button will read ‘Upgrade Database’ instead of ‘Review sites & upgrade’. Then click that. When you’ve done them all and return to the Network Admin Dashboard the notice there will be gone.

• Yes! I had done this, but I missed one site! I just went back through and updated the one site I found, and now the dialog is gone.

Thanks for the idea. I do wish that if ACF is going to add this dialog, it would actually work!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Unable to upgrade the database after upgrading from v4 to v5’ is closed to new replies.