Support

Account

Home Forums Feature Requests True lite version of plugin

Solving

True lite version of plugin

• it would be really nice if we could have acf pro lite. separate part of existing plugin which will have only code for displaying/saving meta boxes and options.

everything regarding creating fields via gui (js, css, custom post type for field groups) is not necessary when plugin is included in theme via php (not used as standalone wp plugin) and options are exported in appropriate php files.

beside removing code that’s not being used, i’m hoping it will be easier to pass theme forest review process.

@elliot
    – if it’s too much trouble for lite version, maybe hint what files/parts of code should i exclude on my own?

anyone else with similar ideas, thoughts, attempts? comments?

• Hi @luki

ACF 5 is now available via early access and you can get access to this upgrade by following the instructions on this page: https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/upgrade-guide-version-5/

I hope this info helps.

• hi james,

no, info doesn’t help 🙂 i’m using pro version 5.6.8. as i wrote before, pro version is what i need, but w/o admin stuff.

when theme development is completed i thought it would be nice to use only part of pro plugin to handle meta boxes and options pages. since i do export them to php files, acf-field-group and acf-field custom post types are still registered but left unused.

and yes, i’m using filter to hide custom fields from wp admin menu. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘True lite version of plugin’ is closed to new replies.