Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Translating form field labels in frontend with Polylang

Solved

Translating form field labels in frontend with Polylang

• Hello! I found this post just now. I am looking to get in strings to Polylang from ACF and I cant understand why this is not default thing. I have checkboxes and radio buttons value and have many languages on the site. How can I get these into Polylang string translation? Help files tells me I must have 1 group per language. This is so unpoorly done when having lots of content. Any help in getting in all the fields to poly?

• I know I’m a bit too late in this! But please I need your help..!
    I’m trying to display ACF in front-end using:
    1.Elementor PRO
    2.ACF (free verstion)
    3. CPT Plugin
    4. Polylang Free (2 Languages)

I applied this bit of code found in previous thread:

function polylang_translate()
    {
        pll_register_string('back', 'back','General');
        pll_register_string('main_bedroom', 'Main Bedroom','General');
        pll_register_string('villa_size', 'Villa Size','General');
        pll_register_string('no_of_people', 'No of People','General');
        pll_register_string('bedrooms', 'Bedrooms','General');
        pll_register_string('bathrooms', 'Bathoom','General');
        pll_register_string('wc', 'W.C','General');
    }
    add_action( 'init', 'polylang_translate' );

..which displays the fields to be translated in Polylang’s back-end no problem. However, I don’t see the translated fields in front-end, neither within ELementor’s Dynamic field tags, (which is what I’m using to display the custom fields), or anywhere.
    I also added code displayed in this thread by Mark Howells-Mead in my functions.php, but I don’t see anything different happening.

Can I make this work and have the fields translated and displayed somehow in the front-end?
    I don’t have much knowledge in coming up with my own code, nor have I used current set up with above plugin combo to achieve this.
    Any advice / help will be much appreciated 🙂

Thank you

• Hello Marc,
    Thank you for the snippet. I have tried to edit it to allow the translation of the $fields['choices'] and can’t manage to make it work.

I also saw in your WPLM implementation that you added new fields (instructions etc), do you know if it is possible to translate the choices too?

Now, I’m using add_filter('acf/load_field/name=field_name', function($field) but it is not working when editing the post in the admin area as the post language is not picked up (and the get_locale() is not useful).
    Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Translating form field labels in frontend with Polylang’ is closed to new replies.