Home Forums General Issues Toxonomy Field showing id instead of term name


Toxonomy Field showing id instead of term name

  • Hi, I’m trying to use acf custom fields to show a taxonomy term name inside the mailster plugin, this plugin allows me to get information from a post through its field slug.

    But when i call my taxonomy field it only return the id of the taxonomy, is there any way to make it return the name?

    I know i can make it happen with the get_field function, but inside the mailster plugin thats not an option.


  • Hi @victorak

    Kindly share a copy of the code that you have so far, I would be happy to help in spotting errors.

  • Hi,

    I’m not using any specific code for this as mailster uses the custom field slug to show the content.

    What i have tried was changing some options when creating the custom fields.
    Here are the settings i’ve tried:

    Field Type = Taxonomy
    Taxonomy = custom taxonomy created with CPT UI
    Appearance = selection
    Create Terms = yes
    Save Terms = yes
    Load Terms = yes
    Returned value = Object Term


    Create Terms = no
    Save Terms = no
    Load Terms = no
    Returned value = Object ID

    When i choose the returned value to be the object term, nothing loads. So i was wondering if iam missing something while creating the custom field.

    PS: If it helps when i use the the_field(‘field-slug’); function, it also returns the ID instead of the term.


Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Toxonomy Field showing id instead of term name’ is closed to new replies.