Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues The `wp:acf` tag does not product any output

Solving

The `wp:acf` tag does not product any output

• Hi,

I am pretty new to WordPress and ACF so please bear with me )

I have created a custom, theme with some templates.
    In the admin I have used ACF to create some custom field e.g. left_text and right_text, and I have set the value for those fields in a post I created.

Then in the template I use <!-- wp:acf/left_text --> but it does not output the value for left_text any ideas what am I doing wrong?

Greetings,
    Ilian

• What do you mean by “template”? You cannot use tags like <!-- wp:acf/left_text --> in a php template.

https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/displaying-custom-field-values-in-your-theme/

• Hi John,

sorry maybe I failed to explain correctly.

I have a block theme, and in the templates/single.html file I have added the <!-- wp:acf/left_text --> tag.

Other tags e.g. <!-- wp:post-title /--> work correctly there and produce output.

• P.S. If I use a php template instead e.g. single.php at the root directory of the template <?php the_field('left_text'); ?> produces the desired output, which confirms that the field name is correct.

It is just that I want to show it in the HTML template.

Thank you very much for you help )

• the tags you are referencing are processed by WP when it gets the content from the WP editor. I have no idea how these tags are processed in the PHP template or how to include acf fields in this manor.

• I see, do you know by any chance which method the <!-- wp:acf/left_text --> calls? I can try to debug it myself if I know what it calls.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.