Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues show page content instead of category content

Helping

show page content instead of category content

• I am trying to create a SILO structure on one of my WordPress site.

I have always checked this option on SEO plugin “Strip the category base (usually /category/) from the category URL.”

So my category pages have this URL: sitename.com/apple/ (where “apple” is the category page)

Now I want to create a new “page” with the same slug, apple.

I can create a new “apple” page easily, however, when I go to sitename.com/apple/ the category page is displayed — instead of the newly created page.

My question: Is there a way to “override” the default priority of category over a page? I’d like to show page because I will have control over it — I can customize, add more content, and change them easily (plus, pages are going to help me structure my site better)

• The answer in no, this is a WP thing. WP should not even allow you to create a page with the slug of “apple” if there is something else using that slug. I don’t event know what SEO plugin you’re using, this is not a feature in the one I use. I suspect that there is something in the SEO plugin because this is not a feature of WP to remove /category/.

You would need to delete the category or go back to having /category/ in the URL.

I would talk to the developer of the SEO plugin you are using or look further into WP itself, but this is not something that ACF can help with.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.