Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports Select2 in repeater broken after update to 5.5.13

Solving

Select2 in repeater broken after update to 5.5.13

• Hi guys

Sorry about this issue, we quickly patched this shortly after the version was released.

Re-downloading the plugin will fix the problem.
    The easiest way to do this is edit the main acf.php file and change the 2 references of ‘5.5.13’ down to ‘5.5.12’.
    This will allow the plugin update to appear.

Let me know if this solves the issue. If not, please post back.

• Hey Elliot, nice to see you jumping in on this. I was in the process of editing my ACF version as you mentioned, but upon checking for updates I see you posted a new version, 5.5.14, maybe in an effort to force other installs to update. Anyway, just to be sure I changed my version and then updated ACF.

Bad news though, it did NOT work for me. Bummer. John’s original simple filter how did work, so I’m going back to that for now, as it continues to work and so far not cause issues with my WooCommerce install.

• Hi @creativelogic

Interesting… the ‘destory’ Select2 JS issue should definitely be fixed. The issue was not due to the Select2 library, it was a helper function in the acf JS object.

It’s possible that I’ve missed something, are you able to create a new support ticket and include the .json field group to replicate the issue?
    http://support.advancedcustomfields.com/new-ticket/

Thanks
    E

• this error
    select2(‘destroy’) method was called on an element that is not using Select2
    can track to acf-input.js file and there

at line 10337 is
    if( !this.$select.exists() || !this.o.ui) {...

according to this stackoverflow simplest way is to check if this element is select2 object.
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/38797207/how-to-handle-the-select2destroy-method-was-called-on-an-element-that-is-n

so changing this line to
    if( !this.$select.exists() || !this.o.ui) || !this.$select.data('select2') {...

fix problem for me

• Hi @bartech

Thanks for the reply. Can you please update to 5.5.14, this should fix the issue.

If the issue persists, can you please create a new support ticket with full instructions to replicate the issue including the JSON field groups to do so.

Thanks
    Elliot

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Select2 in repeater broken after update to 5.5.13’ is closed to new replies.