Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Search for category fields

Solving

Search for category fields

• Hi,

in the backend each category contains the same custom field.
    Is there a plugin or some code where I can look for the value of this field by using the category search field?

• I’m not sure I understand what you mean by category search field.

How difficult it is to search categories by a specific acf field depends on if you’re using ACF4 or ACF5.

In ACF 5 you can use get_terms() with a meta_query for the custom fields just like the meta query used for WP_Query().

In ACF 4 it is a lot more difficult. You’d need to get all the categories on your site and then loop through them and check the value the ACF field for each. If your time is worth anything then I’d suggest buying ACF5.

• I try a better explanasion:

I’ve got a field group for my categories. But these fields are only visible in the backend of WordPress.

If I go to the backend -> posts -> categories you can find in the right top corner a search field for the categories.

And my question is, if there’s a plugin or some code where I can search through my category fields with thie search field.

• There isn’t anything that I know of that will search the custom fields in the admin when using the wp search located there. I’ve done a quick search as well and didn’t find anything very useful.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Search for category fields’ is closed to new replies.