Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Replicate value of one field into another

Solving

Replicate value of one field into another

• pawciak

• January 25, 2020 at 12:27 am

Hi ACF team,

This question might be one of the dumbest here but.. So I have a CPT which uses custom fields. One of them is a repeater type. It works. Among subfields, I have an input field called party_time. In many cases party_time values has format day.month.year, but unfortunately it includes also ranges like 4-5.05.2020. What I’m trying to achieve is to create another, dynamic field which will show (both on backend/frontend) values from party_time yet limited to last 7 characters. Thanks to that I will always have sth like: 06.2020 / 02.2020 etc. So basically = month.year format.

How to achieve that? I’ve went through all official docs and have no idea where to even start. Why I want to do it that way and NOT using only substr on frontend? Because I want to have an ability to filter wp_query by this subfield (month.year).

Thank you for any tips..

• pawciak

• January 28, 2020 at 9:47 pm

here is my code but doesnt work:

function my_acf_load_field( $field ) {
            $current_date = get_sub_field('data');
            $trimmed = substr($current_date, -7);
            $field['default_value'] = $trimmed;
            $field['disabled'] = 1;
            return $field;  
        }
        add_filter('acf/load_field/name=month_year', 'my_acf_load_field');
  • It might be better to use the update_sub_field function inside the save_post action.

So you would loop through the subfields grab the value, run your substr function, and update the other field with the new value.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.