Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Repeater Field Repeater not saving on some pages, but works on others?

Solved

Repeater not saving on some pages, but works on others?

• I have the same / or a very similar problem: I have a 9 fields with 10 nested repeaters each, all showing up on a page. The fields started saving ok, but after a while wp-admin would start to come up with issues. I have been able to fend these off with define(‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘-1’); , and the following php.ini entries:
    mysql.connect_timeout = 120
    expose_php = Off
    max_input_time = 42000
    allow_url_fopen=1
    max_execution_time = 42000
    memory_limit = 256M
    max_file_uploads = 256M
    file_uploads = On
    post_max_size = 256M
    upload_max_filesize = 256M
    max_input_vars = 50000
    max_input_nesting_level = 256

However, there page now seems to have reached another ceiling and no matter what I do, it won’t save changes. It times out after 2 mins and goes to a 404 page(/wp-admin/post.php). MySQL has surprisingly appears to have 282359 wp_postmeta entries, which I thought was quite a lot, and the ACF seems to have stopped saving rows half the way through its last save.

Any clues as to what might be causing this limit? Is it a timeout issue? There doesn’t seem to be a problem with the field character size as it’s not that long.

Could anyone think of a reason?

• Solution founded.
    options keys saving inside “wp_options” table into “option_name” with varchar(64) length. If your field doesnt saving,it means that the key of that field is very long to save in this column in database. Try to use shorter keys like “r_e_v” instead of “register_email_value” and it will be saved fine.

• @jacobnollette’s solution worked for me! (wp_options table, option_name column -> increase length from 64 to something else, like 255). YAY

• I had same problem, i found out that i forgot to name the repeater 😮

• I’m reading this fix, but I have no idea how to up it to 255.

• making the field names short worked for this issue.

e.g.
    Repeater field name: inno

Field in repeater
    Title: innovation text field
    Name: i

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Repeater not saving on some pages, but works on others?’ is closed to new replies.