Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Relationship : CPT taxonomy and regular post

Solved

Relationship : CPT taxonomy and regular post

• Hello,

I try to display the taxonomy(ies) “auteur” and its link from a CPT called “membre” to regular posts. I read the documention about relationship but there’s nothing about this. the relationship field is called “article-membre”.

My code is the following (in the loop of index.php) :

<?php $auteurs = get_field('article-membre');	?>
    <?php if( $auteur ): ?>
    <ul>
    <?php foreach( $auteurs as $auteur ): ?>
    <?php setup_postdata($auteur); ?>
    <li>
    <a href="<?php echo get_permalink( $auteur->ID ); ?>"><?php echo get_the_title( $auteur->ID ); ?></a>
    <?php echo get_field( 'auteur', $auteur->ID ); // name of the taxonomy but it can't display the terms ?>
    </li>
    <?php endforeach; ?>
    </ul>
    <?php wp_reset_postdata(); // IMPORTANT - reset the $post object so the rest of the page works correctly ?>
    <?php endif; ?>

Could you help me please ?

Best regards.

• What is the field type and settings for the field you’re trying to get on this line?

<?php echo get_field( 'auteur', $auteur->ID ); // name of the taxonomy but it can't display the terms ?>
    <

• Hello John,

In fact, “auteur” is a Custom taxonomy for the CPT “membres”. It’s not a field…

• But you’re using get_field to get the values, so I’m assuming that you have an ACF taxonomy field set up for it. Is that correct or not?

• No, haven’t this field.
    But if i create this field, i have twice checkboxes in CPT “membres” : this one of the Custom taxonomy and this one of the taxonomy field

• Then, is it possible to do without the taxonomy field and only use the custom taxonomy ?

• If you use a taxonomy field then you can look at this documentation on how to display the information from the taxonomy http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/taxonomy/

If you don’t use a taxonomy field and use the standard WP taxonomy box then you’ll need to look at this https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_get_post_terms

• Ok, it works with :

<?php $terms = get_the_terms( $auteur->ID, 'auteur' ); 
    foreach($terms as $term) {
    $term_link = get_term_link( $term );
    echo '<a href="' . esc_url( $term_link ) . '">' . $term->name . '</a>';
    } ?>

Thank you John

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Relationship : CPT taxonomy and regular post’ is closed to new replies.