Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports Problems with scripts on 5.8.0 Beta 4

Unread

Problems with scripts on 5.8.0 Beta 4

• Hi,

I’ve noticed two problems so far with the Beta4. Sorry if they have already been mentionned before but I didn’t find anything related in the forum.

1. I noticed that there are multiple javascript files added in the frontend of our site. The problem was not in the beta3. It looks like maybe something has changed with the way you use enqueue_block_editor_assets. All the javascript are files meant to be used in the backend only sush as:

/wp/wp-includes/js/jquery/ui/core.min.js?ver=1.11.4
    /wp/wp-includes/js/dist/compose.min.js?ver=3.0.1
    /wp/wp-includes/js/dist/dom.min.js?ver=2.0.8
    ….

2. In the console, there is a javascript error saying : Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected number

it has something to do with:

( "fetch" in window ) || document.write( "<script src="/wp/wp-includes/js/dist/vendor/wp-polyfill-fetch.min.js?ver=3.0.0"></scr" + "ipt>" );( document.contains ) || document.write( "<script src="/wp/wp-includes/js/dist/vendor/wp-polyfill-node-contains.min.js?ver=3.26.0-0"></scr" + "ipt>" );( window.FormData && window.FormData.prototype.keys ) || document.write( "<script src="/wp/wp-includes/js/dist/vendor/wp-polyfill-formdata.min.js?ver=3.0.12"></scr" + "ipt>" );( Element.prototype.matches && Element.prototype.closest ) || document.write( "<script src="/wp/wp-includes/js/dist/vendor/wp-polyfill-element-closest.min.js?ver=2.0.2"></scr" + "ipt>" );

For some reasons (maybe you are using eslint?), the single quotes are changed to double quotes by the plugin and this probably cause issues.

Thank you for letting me know when it is fixed.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Problems with scripts on 5.8.0 Beta 4’ is closed to new replies.