Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports Pro 5.7.3 Issue w/ Taxonomy field & "Save Terms" option

Solving

Pro 5.7.3 Issue w/ Taxonomy field & "Save Terms" option

• After updating to Pro 5.7.3, we noticed that any Taxonomy fields that had the “Save Terms” option turned on began to have issues. On the post edit/create screen, if you used the Taxonomy field and selected a value, all ACF fields on the edit post screen would disappear.

We reverted back to Pro 5.7.2 and the issue is no longer present. I believe this is a bug in the latest release…so hopefully you can replicate and address in the next release.

Thanks,
    Sang

• I don’t know if my issue has the same roots but in the same configuration (β€œSave Terms” option turned on) when saving a new term, the update post button continuously goes in circles.

gif

• Forgot to tell, i’m in 5.7.5 (Pro)

• In my case, reverting back to 5.7.4 (pro) solved the issue. Hope it will be patched in 5.7.6. πŸ˜‰

• @studiok7 please submit this bug here https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/contact/

@sangtlee
    not sure if it’s related or not, your post does not have enough information for me to recreate.

• My issue was resolved in 5.7.4. I believe it was related to the WPML + Taxonomy field bugfix noted in the release notes.

• I just report the bug. Thanks John.

• Hi @studiok7

Thanks for the bug report and screen recording πŸ™‚

I’ve successfully found and fixed the issue, and re-uploaded the plugin files online for you to test.

Can you please re-download the ACF PRO plugin files to get the patched JS?
    Tip: You can also trick ACF into re-updating itself by editing the main β€œacf.php” plugin file and changing the two references of β€œ5.7.6” to β€œ5.7.5”. This will allow WP to check for plugin updates and you can then re-update the plugin πŸ™‚

• Hi Elliot, i can confirm everything is ok right now with 5.7.6 update. Thanks for you fast response. πŸ˜‰

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Pro 5.7.3 Issue w/ Taxonomy field & "Save Terms" option’ is closed to new replies.