Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Post Object Taxonomy Filter Issue

Solving

Post Object Taxonomy Filter Issue

• Let me begin by singing my praises for ACF: it is arguably the most elegant WordPress plugin I’ve come across; I couldn’t do without it.

I’ve come across an issue, and it’s entirely possible that I’m missing something, but here it is:

I’ve created a custom field group that contains a field (site_commonly_seen_species) of type “Post Object.” I’ve set the “Filter by Post Type” to “page” and “Filter by Taxonomy” to category=”Species”. Yes, I’ve tweaked the theme to allow page categories. Anyway, everything works swimmingly if the page that has the “Species” category has no parent. If it does have a parent, I get (no title)() in the dropdown when I try to enter a value for that field.

I’ll dig into the core ACF php code if nobody comments, but I suspect others have run into this issue…

• Hi @caseymcspadden

Hmm okay.. I’m thinking this has to be due to the use of categories on pages.
    Could you try it out with the same setup but for posts and categories?
    Just to see wether that is indeed the issue.

• That’s what I suspected as well, Jonathan and, indeed, that’s the problem. The dropdown works fine if the Post Objects are posts rather than pages. In any event, it’s not a huge deal since there are dozens of workarounds (including the obvious one of converting the relevant pages to posts, although I have other reasons to keep them as pages). I just thought I’d bring it to your attention. Thanks, and keep up the great work!

• Okay 🙂

Thanks for the heads up. I don’t think we’ll do anything in particular about it tho since it’s not a regular setup (I would always go for a custom post type if I require taxonomies and don’t want to use posts).

If you do end up with a decent workaround it’d be great if you post it back here. That way, if someone else with the same issue finds this thread they might get some help out of it 🙂

Best of luck in your project!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.