Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Plugin Update Screen broken on 5.7.13 (minor?)

Solving

Plugin Update Screen broken on 5.7.13 (minor?)

• This might be something super minor, or even a configuration issue on my end (I’m using 5.1.1 and PHP 7.3.2), but I’d like to update to the next version of ACF Pro, but am a bit hesitant since when this version became available, the update screen itself looks broken:

The line,
    “Fix – Fixed bug corrupting field settings since WP 5.1 when instructions contain .” seems to have some sort of weird character and everything after that is a link (due to it breaking the closing link tag?).

Also the contributors list seems to not be getting data:

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘display_name’ in /wp-admin/includes/plugin-install.php on line 737

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘profile’ in /wp-admin/includes/plugin-install.php on line 743

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘avatar’ in /wp-admin/includes/plugin-install.php on line 744

• I have the same problem. Viewing update details for ACF version 5.8.3, the contributors list throws PHP errors:

Warning: Illegal string offset 'display_name' in /wp-admin/includes/plugin-install.php on line 737

Warning: Illegal string offset 'profile' in /wp-admin/includes/plugin-install.php on line 743

Warning: Illegal string offset 'avatar' in /wp-admin/includes/plugin-install.php on line 744

Running PHP 7.1.14.
    Other plugin update screens are fine.

• This is exactly what has happened to me when i have debugging on.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Plugin Update Screen broken on 5.7.13 (minor?)’ is closed to new replies.