Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Out of memory when accessing page backend caused by small ACF repeater

Helping

Out of memory when accessing page backend caused by small ACF repeater

• I’m getting an “fatal out of memory” error when I try to access the admin of a page with ACF repeater field. The frontend itself works without problems though.

The repeater is rather small and there are only 15 rows to it. Every row has 7 fields: 5 text fields, 1 WYSIWYG editor field, 1 image.

There are two pages using this repeater, and so far, the memory only runs out in the backend of the one with 15 rows. The other one has 7 rows and everything is working fine.

I have set the php memory limit to 256MB (and checked with phpinfo that that is indeed now my memory_limit), but still I run out of memory. How is that possible with such a small amount of data in the repeater? I even tried to remove the image from the repeater field, but it would still run out of memory.

I have deactivated all other plugins with no effect.

Any suggestions what else I could try?

And since the error only shows up when I try to access the backend of the page, there’s no point in checking the page template itself for say memory-intense bad programming, is there?

Error message:
    Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 36438016) (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in [URL]/wp-includes/meta.php on line 826

• Hi @bstn

This might be an issue with your server, have you been able to replicate the issue on a local instance of the site?

I would recommend you get in touch with your host to see if they have a quick fix for this.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Out of memory when accessing page backend caused by small ACF repeater’ is closed to new replies.