Support

Account

Home Forums Feature Requests Option to remove existing metaboxes

Unread

Option to remove existing metaboxes

• I’m not sure if it is realy not possible – i wanted to replace existing metabox with my custom taxonomy, and add it via ACF (because i wanted to show my custom non-hierarchical taxonomy with checkboxes). But it is not possible (i could check false to show_ui when creating taxonomy, but that would hide even the definition in menu, what i want to keep).

It is easily possible to do it with function, e.g.

// Remove ucel metabox
    if ( ! function_exists('ekolo_remove_ucel_metabox') ) {
    function ekolo_remove_ucel_metabox() {
     	remove_meta_box( 'tagsdiv-ucel', 'kolo', 'side' );
    }
    // Hook into the 'admin_menu' action
    add_action( 'admin_menu' , 'ekolo_remove_ucel_metabox' );
    }

but it would be nice to be able to remove it via ACF (custom taxonomies are not even in the “hide” section, but anyway i am not sure how it would work if it would be only hidden via css, but then again added via ACF).

P.S.: and one more possible enhancement for that taxonomy custom field – it is great that it is possible to select “Load value based on the post’s terms and update the post’s terms on save”, but if i understand this well, it copy the term from the taxonomy table and save it into the custom field (not sure if it saves only ID or something else). Problem is, that it is not synchronised so that if you e.g. delete the term in taxonomy table, it will stay in the pos table until new post edit/save (if i understand it). It would be nice if there would be option to NOT save it as a custom field, but use just taxonomies, so that we can rely on the values.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Option to remove existing metaboxes’ is closed to new replies.