Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Repeater Field Only loop when certain custom conditions are met and/or loop only once.

Unread

Only loop when certain custom conditions are met and/or loop only once.

• I have a register form which is build with flexible content.

The first while loop, loops through flexible content elements.
    The second loop (which is inside the first loop) is looping through a repeater field, and within the while loop there is another repeater field with it’s own loop (the third loop).
    (The second loop will loop 3 times on my website because of the content I added in ACF fields in WordPress).

The third loop produces a list of hyperlinks. The third loop will loop 4 times to get all the links.

Now here comes the tricky part:
    – I want to have a condition surrounding the third loop, to produce links only once. (at the moment without the condition, it will loop 3 times which results in creating 12 links instead of 4). (Maybe a dynamic counter of some sort is part of the answer?).
    – Then when the ‘second loop’ runs for a second time, the third loop skips the first results of the loop (the first 4 links) and fetches the results row after that, and than stops/breaks the (third) loop, producing another 4 fresh links.
    – When the second loop runs a for a third time, it should again fetch the results row thereafter from the previous loop (just like above). etc.

Yes, I know it’s confusing, but I really need this.

My code at the moment:

<?php
    if (have_rows('register_form')) :
        while (have_rows('register_form')) : the_row();

if( have_rows('paginas_stappen') ): ?>
    		    <div>
    		        <ul class="tab-link-list">
    		            <?php
    		            while ( have_rows('paginas_stappen') ) : the_row();
    		                $order_number = 1;
    		                while (have_rows('hyperlinks_in_kop_pagina')) : the_row(); ?>
    		                    <li>
    		                        <div class="order-number <?php echo get_sub_field('uitgelichte_link') == 'yes' ? 'highlighted' : ''; ?>">
    		                            <?php echo $order_number; ?>
    		                        </div>
    		                        <a onclick="goToTab(<?php echo get_sub_field('link_gaat_naar_pagina') - 1; ?>)">
    		                            <?php the_sub_field('link_tekst'); ?>
    		                        </a>
    		                    </li>
    		                    <?php
    		                    $order_number++;
    		                endwhile;
    		            endwhile; ?>
    		        </ul>
    		    </div>
    		<?php endif;

<?php endwhile; endif; ?>

I’ve been struggling with this for a long of time now.
    Is something like this possible with ACF or is there another way to achieve this?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Only loop when certain custom conditions are met and/or loop only once.’ is closed to new replies.