Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports Nested \"add row\" buttons unclickable on iPad

Solving

Nested \"add row\" buttons unclickable on iPad

• I have a setup where most fields are kept in a single flexible container, and there are a number of different types of content that can be loaded up. Some are repeaters, and the “Add Row” button is unclickable on a touch device.

Did some searching and found the solution.

just changed the events in pro/assets/js/acf-pro-input.js to

events: {
    ‘click .acf-repeater-add-row’: ‘add’,
    ‘touchstart .acf-repeater-add-row’: ‘add’,
    ‘click .acf-repeater-remove-row’: ‘remove’,
    ‘touchstart .acf-repeater-remove-row’: ‘remove’
    },

Having the touchstart events in the same line as the click events it didn’t work. They needed to be in their own event.

• Hi @keliix06

Thanks for the bug report.
    It may be possible that due to the button having a title attribute, the button may need to be clicked twice, can you please remove your extra code and try this first?

There should be a solution for this that does not require an extra touchstart action for every field JS.

Thanks
    E

• Hi,

Clicking multiple times doesn’t do anything. I have done more testing though and the problem only happens on iOS7. Phone running iOS8 and another iPad running iOS8 work just fine. So with iOS7 being a shrinking market you may just decide not to bother. I need some jailbroken features, so that particular iPad won’t be upgrading.

I noticed a couple more buttons that need touchstart added. acf-tab-button in acf-input.js, and acf-fc-remove and acf-fc-add in acf-pro-input.js.

If you need any help with testing just let me know. Happy to help.

• Hi @keliix06

Thanks for the reply.

I’ll add this to my to-do and hopefully do some mobile testing soon.

Cheers
    E

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Nested \"add row\" buttons unclickable on iPad’ is closed to new replies.