Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Repeater Field Multiple Authors Per Post & ACF

Helping

Multiple Authors Per Post & ACF

• Hi,

I am new to ACF so any insight from the community would be very much appreciated.

As an overview, I have a CMS into which I parse editorial data. One field of which is the editorial author(s) which are initially returned as one text string, with the authors separated by a comma.

Import table (1 record) –

[Primary_Key:AA123] [G.Jones, P.Smith, A.Brown]

These are then extracted via a calculation to form separate records in a database join table, each record featuring the corresponding editorial data primary key. In many instances there are more than one but no more than eight.

Join Table (3 records)-

[Primary_Key:AA123] [G.Jones]
    [Primary_Key:AA123] [P.Smith]
    [Primary_Key:AA123] [A.Brown]

I want to separate these so that each can then become a dynamic link that drills down to a page which displays other editorial by the same author on my WordPress site.

This is often a bulk upload process of more than 20 pieces of editorial at one time using the All Import plugin.

My question is should I use the ACF Pro Repeating Field functionality for this or have I got the wrong end of the stick and something else would be better?

Any insight gratefully received.

Many thanks.

Gary

• I would use a user field https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/user/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.