Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues List Relevant Custom Post Types On Single Blog

Helping

List Relevant Custom Post Types On Single Blog

• Help. I think I have been thinking about this too long. How could I accomplish the following:

– I have a custom post type called ebh_locations.
    – Within that custom post type I have a custom field to get terms for the taxonomy category
    – On a single post (from the taxonomy category) I want to list the relevant posts from the custom post type called ebh_locations on the single post.

So for example if I check off the category term Addiction within my custom post type I would like that custom post type post to show up in any post within the Addiction category.

So a post listed with the Addiction category would have an area that says:
    Addiction is treated at the following locations: [get the custom post type posts that have the category term Addiction checked]

• HI @aengstrom

This should be possible by appending a tax_query in a WP_Query loop to filter the posts using the assigned terms. The code would look like this:

$args = array(
    	'post_type' => 'ebh_locations',
    	'tax_query' => array(
    	array(
    		'taxonomy' => 'category',
    		'field'    => 'slug',
    		'terms'    => array('addiction')
    	),
    	),
    );
    $query = new WP_Query( $args );

For more information, have a look at: https://codex.wordpress.org/Class_Reference/WP_Query#Taxonomy_Parameters

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘List Relevant Custom Post Types On Single Blog’ is closed to new replies.