Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Limited to 60 fields

Solved

Limited to 60 fields

  • I’m currently being limited to 60 fields in a field group. I have changed my max_input_vars to 16000 but still no luck. I’ve restarted Apache as well. Are you aware of anything else that may be causing me to be limited to 60 fields?

    —- Versions —-
    ACF v4.4.2
    WP v4.2.2

  • Hi @plaine

    Have you tried activating wp_debug and checked any potential server log if you can get some more info about the issue?
    You could also try increasing memory_limit.

  • I have my memory limit set to 800M and when I turn on debug, I get these 3 errors when I hit “Update” when trying to add an additional new field:

    Notice: wp_enqueue_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or login_enqueue_scripts hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /home/<domain>/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3560

    Notice: has_cap was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.0! Usage of user levels by plugins and themes is deprecated. Use roles and capabilities instead. in /home/<domain>/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3508

    Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/<domain>/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:3560) in /home/<domain>/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1196

    Any clues?

  • Okay, and you’re sure you’re actually getting 800mb? If you are on a shared hosting it’s possible your own changes to for example wp-config or htaccess isn’t being used.

    Could you try creating a file info.php in your server root and place:
    <?php phpinfo(); ?> in it. Then go to yourdomain.com/info.php .. There you should be able to find what your memory_limit and max_input_vars are really set to.

    As for the php errors it’s only the last one about headers that I think might be doing some actual damage. Seems something (either your theme or a plugin) is trying to output things before they should.

  • Thanks for the responses. I’m actually on a dedicated server, so increasing the memory really does increase the memory. And yes, I’m sure that my max_input_vars and memory limit are correct by verifying in the php info.

    I added these:
    max_input_vars = 3000
    suhosin.get.max_vars = 3000
    suhosin.post.max_vars = 3000
    suhosin.request.max_vars = 3000
    Per the FAQ, although I bumped those all up to like 16000 with still no results. And memory is at 800MB currently.

    I was in the process of adding new fields when this started happening. I had to add 7 and I made it to 5 before it stopped working for the final 2. So I’m sure that no other plugins were updated or installed and I’m certain nothing else on the site was being changed either during the additions. It just decided to stop at 60 and making these changes hasn’t worked. I’ve also checked the database manually to be sure that it wasn’t some display issue, but the new entries I created (that ACF said were created successfully) are not in the database either. Thanks again.

  • I upgraded to the Pro version and this problem went away.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.