In ACF Field Group editor, when duplicating an existing ACF field with “Instructions” text (e.g. text, text area, etc…), then changing the duplicated field type to one without instructions (e.g. Message), the instructions input field is removed from the Group editor interface BUT after saving & editing a post containing the Message field, the Instructions content appears. A Message type field has no instructions field, and should not be displaying instructions.
Steps to reproduce
1) Create a field group with location of Post Type = Post
2) Create a text field with instruction and save field group
3) Duplicate the text field and save the field group
4) Change the copied text field to a message field and save the field group
5) Go to edit or add a post, instruction are shown for message field
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
The topic ‘Instructions not removed for fields without instructions (when duplicating)’ is closed to new replies.
Welcome to the Advanced Custom Fields community forum.
Browse through ideas, snippets of code, questions and answers between fellow ACF users