Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Insert custom fields inside a WP job manager submit listing

Solving

Insert custom fields inside a WP job manager submit listing

• I am trying to include custom fields inside a WP Job Manager submit listing within the Listify theme so I can send/edit the fields through the listing form but even though I have read this post here:

https://support.advancedcustomfields.com/forums/topic/adding-my-custom-fields-to-existing-front-end-postupdate-form/

I can’t seem to be able to do it. Can anyone help?

• Hi @quantum_leap

Could you please share the code you use to add the ACF form to the WP Job Manager form? Could you please tell me what’s not working with that code? Did it show any error message? Did the entries saved in the database?

Thanks 🙂

• Hi, thanks for getting back!

The template in question is called job-submit.php

<?php
    /**
     * Job Submission Form
     */
    if ( ! defined( 'ABSPATH' ) ) exit;

global $job_manager;
    ?>
    <form action="<?php echo esc_url( $action ); ?>" method="post" id="submit-job-form" class="job-manager-form" enctype="multipart/form-data">

<?php do_action( 'submit_job_form_start' ); ?>

<?php if ( apply_filters( 'submit_job_form_show_signin', true ) ) : ?>

<?php get_job_manager_template( 'account-signin.php' ); ?>

<?php endif; ?>

<?php if ( job_manager_user_can_post_job() || job_manager_user_can_edit_job( $job_id ) ) : ?>

<!-- Job Information Fields -->
    		<?php do_action( 'submit_job_form_job_fields_start' ); ?>

<?php foreach ( $job_fields as $key => $field ) : ?>
    			<fieldset class="fieldset-<?php esc_attr_e( $key ); ?>">
    				<label for="<?php esc_attr_e( $key ); ?>"><?php echo $field['label'] . apply_filters( 'submit_job_form_required_label', $field['required'] ? '' : ' <small>' . __( '(optional)', 'wp-job-manager' ) . '</small>', $field ); ?></label>
    				<div class="field <?php echo $field['required'] ? 'required-field' : ''; ?>">
    					<?php get_job_manager_template( 'form-fields/' . $field['type'] . '-field.php', array( 'key' => $key, 'field' => $field ) ); ?>
    				</div>
    			</fieldset>
    		<?php endforeach; ?>

<?php do_action( 'submit_job_form_job_fields_end' ); ?>

<!-- Company Information Fields -->
    		<?php if ( $company_fields ) : ?>
    			<h2><?php _e( 'Company Details', 'wp-job-manager' ); ?></h2>

<?php do_action( 'submit_job_form_company_fields_start' ); ?>

<?php foreach ( $company_fields as $key => $field ) : ?>
    				<fieldset class="fieldset-<?php esc_attr_e( $key ); ?>">
    					<label for="<?php esc_attr_e( $key ); ?>"><?php echo $field['label'] . apply_filters( 'submit_job_form_required_label', $field['required'] ? '' : ' <small>' . __( '(optional)', 'wp-job-manager' ) . '</small>', $field ); ?></label>
    					<div class="field <?php echo $field['required'] ? 'required-field' : ''; ?>">
    						<?php get_job_manager_template( 'form-fields/' . $field['type'] . '-field.php', array( 'key' => $key, 'field' => $field ) ); ?>
    					</div>
    				</fieldset>
    			<?php endforeach; ?>

<?php do_action( 'submit_job_form_company_fields_end' ); ?>
    		<?php endif; ?>

<?php do_action( 'submit_job_form_end' ); ?>

<p>
    			<input type="hidden" name="job_manager_form" value="<?php echo $form; ?>" />
    			<input type="hidden" name="job_id" value="<?php echo esc_attr( $job_id ); ?>" />
    			<input type="hidden" name="step" value="<?php echo esc_attr( $step ); ?>" />
    			<input type="submit" name="submit_job" class="button" value="<?php esc_attr_e( $submit_button_text ); ?>" />
    		</p>

<?php else : ?>

<?php do_action( 'submit_job_form_disabled' ); ?>

<?php endif; ?>
    </form>

In my functions.php on my child theme, I have

add_filter( 'submit_job_form_fields', 'frontend_add_custom_fields' );

function frontend_add_custom_fields( $custom_fields ) {

$custom_fields = acf_form(array(
    'field_groups' => array(856),
    'form' => false	));

return $custom_fields;
    }

where 856 seems to be the Group ID.

I can now see the fields at the top of the page but there are some errors and some fields wp job manager fields are missing:

Warning: include(SITEROOT/wp-content/themes/listify/inc/integrations/wp-job-manager/templates/form-fields/-field.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in SITEROOT\wp-content\plugins\wp-job-manager\wp-job-manager-template.php on line 26

Warning: include(): Failed opening 'SITEROOT/wp-content/themes/listify/inc/integrations/wp-job-manager/templates/form-fields/-field.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;DRIVEROOT\xampp\php\PEAR') in SITEROOT\wp-content\plugins\wp-job-manager\wp-job-manager-template.php on line 26

Also the fields are not saved when hitting Preview

In the edit job listing page I can also see the ACF custom fields but some wp job listing fields still missing and the ACF custom fields are not saved when I click Update.

• Hi @quantum_leap

By using the 'form' => false option, you need to create a custom code to handle the saving process. To do that, you need to know how WP Job Manager form works and add the update_field() function to save the posted custom field to the database. I believe you can get the custom fields data from the form like this:

$custom_field_data = $_POST['acf']['field_1234567890abc']

Where ‘field_1234567890abc’ is the key of your custom field.

Regarding the warning messages, I’m afraid I’m not able to give you direction regarding that issue. Could you please ask it to WP Job Manager support?

I hope this makes sense. Thanks 🙂

• Custom Field For WP Job Manager plugin allow you to add custom field text and select box

• This reply has been marked as private.
  • This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Insert custom fields inside a WP job manager submit listing’ is closed to new replies.