Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues If no taxonomy item then add new item

Solving

If no taxonomy item then add new item

• I wonder if it’s possible to setup ACF so that when adding a taxonomy to a post on the front-end, rather than just requiring an existing item, you can add a new one?

Basically, I’ve got a field where somebody (post type) can sign up to join a race, but they may want to be in a team (taxonomy). These are completely user generated at the time of sign up.

Thanks!

• I’m curious about this as well. Is there any update on how this can be done?

• What version of ACF are you using?

ACF 5 has the ability to allow new terms to be added to a taxonomy.

In order to allow the this for your users you’ll also probably need to adjust user permissions on the site to give their user type the ability to add terms. There are several user role editor plugins available on the WP repo.

• Unfortunately, I’m working with ACF 4. If this is only on ACF 5, could you perhaps show me screenshots of this with a user admin please (how the settings look, how it looks on front-end, etc)? I would love to pay for Pro if I can be sure that it will be able to fill all the requirements for this project but until then, I’m stuck with ACF 4.

• What type of user is it that needs to be able to add terms? Subscriber, Editor, Admin. you said user admin just want to make sure.

Here are a couple of screen shots of the back end for the settings and front end for adding a category

• Definitely admin. And that looks perfect. Thank you so much for the reply! Seems like I might have to just take the leap and ask for some budget.

(wish I could mark your reply as the answer but it’s not my thread, unfortunately)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘If no taxonomy item then add new item’ is closed to new replies.