Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) How to set value for a Custom Field from Add Media panel in WordPress?

Unread

How to set value for a Custom Field from Add Media panel in WordPress?

• In Edit Post page, I’m adding media from Add Media panel by clicking on “Insert into post” button. I’m trying to feed a Custom Field with the URLs from those selected images, but it is not working.

If I use the following action, I can access the field and fill it up with a dummy string without problems:

function set_field_value(){
        echo "<script type='text/javascript'>
            document.getElementById('acf-field_5cd68b4d12a20').value = 'test123456';
        </script>";
    }
    add_action('admin_footer', 'set_field_value');

By using the hook image_send_to_editor I’m able to get the URL from the selected images in Add Media panel, but when I try to use these URLs in a variable and set it as a value in a field by its ID, nothing happens. I thought I should be able to have a mix with the above code, but I was wrong. This doesn’t work:

function feed_custom_field($html, $id) {
        $src  = wp_get_attachment_image_src( $id, $size, false );
        $image_url = $src[0];
        echo "<script type='text/javascript'>
            document.getElementById('acf-field_5cd68b4d12a20').value = $image_url;
        </script>";
        return $src[0].",";
    }
    add_filter( 'image_send_to_editor', 'feed_custom_field', 10, 9 );

How can I feed a Custom Field with URL from Add Media?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘How to set value for a Custom Field from Add Media panel in WordPress?’ is closed to new replies.