Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO How to replace custom post type slug by an ACF value?

Solving

How to replace custom post type slug by an ACF value?

• I have a drop down select type field. The values are Video and Image.

I want to replace the Custom post type slug. Currently, it is video.

I want to change mysite.com/video/post-name to mysite.com/1/post-name or mysite.com/0/post-name

I mean when the drop down value Video is selected, it will show mysite.com/1/post-name.

I can replace the post type slug.

function update_video_slug( $args, $post_type) {

$cptslug = “newslug”;

if ( ‘video’ === $post_type ) {
    $args[‘rewrite’][‘slug’] = $cptslug;
    }

return $args;

}

add_filter( ‘register_post_type_args’, ‘update_video_slug’, 10, 2 );

Can be the $cptslug value dynamic according to ACF value?

• It would depend on the order that things happen. Usually you add custom post types on the init hook. ACF also initializes on the init hook. To use get_field() ACF needs to be initialized before you try to get the value. You may also run into an issue if you try to get a field before ACF fires the acf/include_fields hook.

In this case, assuming that this is on an options page, I would use the built in WP function get_option() to get the ACF field value. Usually on an options page the option name will be “options_YOUR-FIELD-NAME”. Doing this you don’t need to worry about ACF when you register your post type.

• I want to get values directly from the ACF fields.

How to initialize the ACF in init hook? Any example?

• Basically, you need to make sure that you’re creating your post types after acf has initialized. You can do this by adding your action that creates the post types with a sufficiently high priority.

add_action('init', 'my_register_post_types', 20); // priority 20 is after acf/init
    function my_register_post_types() {
      // register your post types
      // get_field() should work
    }

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘How to replace custom post type slug by an ACF value?’ is closed to new replies.